If you are thinking about moving to an international location there are many things that you must address. Aside from the immigration paperwork you also need to figure out a way to get all of your possessions from your current location to your new home. One of the first things you will need to do is find a suitable moving company that specializes in removals to France.
Identifying the Right Moving Company
When searching for the best removals to France there are some key qualities you must look for in a moving company.
· How long has the moving company been in business? You cannot trust your most cherished possessions in the hands of a company that is not well-established. You should try to target movers that have been in business for a minimum of eight (8) years but preferably longer than that.
· Is the moving company fully insured and licensed to provide these services? You need to have peace of mind knowing that if any of your items are damaged during the moving process you are going to be compensated. The shipping company should have their insurance details listed on their website for easy reference. Never hire a moving company that is not licensed or insured to provide these services.
· Does the moving company offer tear down and installation service? Your furniture may need to be disassembled and reassembled once it has reached your new destination. Find out whether the prospective moving company takes care of that, if they do then you should move them to the top of your list.
· When getting a quote from the prospective moving company will they give guaranteed pickup and delivery times? If the moving company is well-established and professional then they will have no problems giving you these fixed times. Without them you could be faced with unexpected delays which are something you don’t need to deal with.
· Does the moving company provide quotes in writing that include references? You should contact these references to confirm that the information being provided is accurate and that the moving company does provide good service.
After you have identified a few potential movers you can then move on to the next step which is paying for the actual move.
Costs Linked to Moving
While comparing the quotes being provided by the moving companies you may be tempted to take the lowest quote. You should refrain from doing that or you could end up making the wrong decision. We all want to save money but since you are moving furniture you want it to be conducted in a professional manner. Typically the lowest quotes have to cut corners somewhere to keep their prices down and one way is by rushing the delivery. Whenever the moving company rushes there is an increased risk of something being damaged in transit. Try to go with the shipping company that has their pricing somewhere in the middle so you are getting a good mix of price and quality.